Members of RunXtreme Athletics Club will be required to abide by the following rules. Any member who fails to abide by these rules may result in the club taking disciplinary action.
- Wear full club kit (official club vest/shirt and BLACK shorts/tights) to all ASA affiliated road races;
- Wear your ASA licence on the front and back of your club vest at all ASA affiliated road races;
- Where you are competing for an age-category prize, you must wear the appropriate age-tag on the front and back of your vest;
- Must wear your official club vest / shirt to all prize-giving events, if you are receiving a prize;
- Must treat all runners (both members and non-members of the club), race officials, marshals, event volunteers, referees and team managers with courtesy and respect;
- Must abide by the instructions given to you by race officials, marshals, event volunteers and referees;
- Always run clean and throw your rubbish (used water sachets, used gel packets, empty bottles, empty wrappers etc.) into a dustbin, alternatively within plain sight of a water table. Do not throw your rubbish in a drain, bush, or any other place where it will be lost or difficult to retrieve;
- May not wear headphones or earphones at any ASA affiliated road race;
- Must ensure that the club office has your correct contact details at all times;
- May not bring the name and reputation of the club, its sponsors, directors, managers or affiliates into disrepute by conducting yourself in a vulgar, unsportsmanlike, disrespectful or dishonest manner.
- Immediately notify the club if you have been disqualified from an ASA affiliated road race
- Immediately notify the club if you believe that you have been the victim of unfair discrimination, or if you feel that a referee or race official has treated you in an unfair manner.
Time Trials & Club Runs
- Safety first! Remember that training runs are not races. There is absolutely no reason to race with anyone.
- Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.
- There are no marshals on route and traffic has priority. Run facing oncoming traffic, and on narrow and busy roads run in single file.
- Please try to pair / group yourself with runners of similar pace so that no one gets left alone. Look out for the safety of your fellow runners.
- There will be no water points along the route. It is advised that you bring your own hydration for the runs.
- By participating in the club runs you are doing so at your own risk and cannot hold anyone who is part of the event liable for any injury, or loss or damage to your belongings.